Whole 30 Approved Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
Hi babes! On January 2nd I started Whole 30 so I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes for those who are also doing Whole 30 or are looking for a healthy & easy dinner idea. There are a ton of Whole 30 approved recipes out there that are either difficult to make or require a ton on ingredients which is why this is one of my favorites!
This slow cooker sweet potato chili recipe (which is gluten free and both Whole 30 & Paleo friendly) is super easy to make, requires only a few ingredients (all of which you most likely already have in your home) and is perfect for the winter months and game days. It also makes multiple servings, making it perfect for lunches for the week as well.
- 2lb ground beef or turkey (based on preference)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 (14 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups of beef stock
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled & diced)
- 3-4 tbsp chili powder (or more depending on preference)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Cilantro (optional for garnish)
- In a saute pan, brown beef/turkey over medium heat until cooked through
- Drain excess fat, then transfer to slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine (I typically stir after each ingredient goes in to make sure everything is evenly distributed)
- Cook on slow for 6-8 hours OR on high for 3-4 hours
- Stir occasionally to break up the meat
- Garnish with cilantro and serve!